National Quality Framework
We welcome and actively participate in the National Quality Framework (NQF) as an Australian Government initiative which promotes quality in education and care services. This is monitored through the National Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
The NQF provides standards of quality practices for care provided in services as well as guidance and support from the service’s self-assessment process. We consistently strive to strengthen the quality of education and care provided to children through genuine partnerships with families and communities.
The National Quality Standard (under the NQF) assists services to provide the best possible level of early childhood education and care by being clear about the factors that best support a child’s development. It provides confidence in understanding what distinguishes high quality or excellent services.
The Quality Standard is divided into seven areas that contribute to the quality of early childhood education and care:
- Quality Area 1: Educational Program & Practice
- Quality Area 2: Children’s Health & Safety
- Quality Area 3: Physical Environment
- Quality Area 4: Staffing Arrangements
- Quality Area 5: Relationships with Children
- Quality Area 6: Collaborative Partnerships with Families & Communities
- Quality Area 7: Leadership & Service Management
Assessment & Rating System
The National Quality Standard is accompanied by a national quality rating and assessment process that reflects a national approach to the assessment and reporting of the quality of education and care services.
The availability of this information promotes transparency and accountability and will help parents make informed choices regarding the quality of education and care at a service. Each service will receive a rating for each quality area and an overall rating. These ratings must be displayed by the service and will be published on the ACECQA and the MyChild websites.
There are five rating levels within the national quality rating and assessment process:
- Excellent Rating – awarded by ACECQA
- Exceeding National Quality Standard – Indicates that a service is exceeding the National Quality Standard
- Meeting National Quality Standard – Indicates that a service is meeting the National Quality Standard
- Working Towards National Quality Standard – Indicates that a service is working towards meeting the National Quality Standard
- Significant Improvement Required
For information on the assessment and rating levels of each service, click below: